Saturday, February 9, 2008

Meaningful quote

Marianne Williamson>>> Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

I really like this quote, eventhough it could have a touch of humanism in it, if you didn't read the answer to the question proposed. I didn't know why until Sunday School. Not that this was taught in Sunday School, but the lesson taught could actually be applied here in this quote.

I am not stupid. I am not. However, I do stupid things, I say stupid things to be funny or not taken seriously. why do I do that. Simple fear. Fear that someone would expect more out of me then what I can give. The saying curiousity killed the cat, will probably my demise. But when I understand the rationale, I get the satisfaction the revives me. Have no reason to be afraid of being smart. God gave me an uncanny ability to remember things. He also gave me a brain to use, to be inquistive.

I grew up in a house with a mother that had a 9th grade education. My father got his GED in the Navy. My oldest sister took 4-5 times to get her GED. My secong oldest sister got married before she graduated high school. got Her GED. My oldest brother did get a high school diploma, but could barely read or write. My mother had to read and explain the BMV driving test to him in oreder ofr him to pass the test. My youngest brother, although a very hard worker, I swear has a form of fetal alcohol syndrome and only went to the 10th grade, he can not pass the GED test. Then there is me. A college graduate. Straight A student, except for B in English. I have no reason to be smart. As a kid growing up, being able to beat your oppent was respected more the A's and B's. My mother bragged about their rebel achievements, but could not take the time to attend my High school graduation. I remember standing at my table alone. Friends stopped by, but I was still so alone. But I was alone with an achievement I knew was important for my success and with a college scholarship I worked so hard for.

I like this the opening quote because, I should not fear being smart, beautiful, whitty, intelligent. confident. These are all attributes that God gave to me to define me, but more importantly to manifest His glory. For His light to shine through me to reach others.

So my resolution is to find Strength in Him, to not be afraid to allow my God given gifts to shine for Him

No comments: