Sunday, February 3, 2008

I am not a fan

I have a confession to make. I am not a fan of baseball. This could be a great offense to many, especially since I work in a very Baseball town. I often at times get asked if I am a south sider (White Sox Fan) or a North sider (Chicago Cubs fan). I just simply say I am a Hoosier (I live in Indiana). Now a true baseball fanatic, I dare call them a fanatic, and Chicago has several. Will not settle for this answer. They press on. They want to know which team I rootful. I simply say I am not a baseball fan. That usually settles it. It isn't tactless. It isn't demeaning. It doesn't put down baseball. it simply means I am not a fan of it.

I don't have to go into an indepth rationale why I choose not to indulge in baseball. I don't explain the waste of money of paying a player Millions of dollars to play a game. The idol worship of men. The use of steroids have really brought down the integrity of the game. The costly tickets and how booze is promoted at a so called family event. The discussion doesn't have get that far. Why? Because just saying you're not a fan of something, usually resolves itself in a tactful manner, even to mundane things of life. No argument or explaination needed. Futhermore, neither is an apology, for not liking Baseball.

Now the other day actually a few weeks ago, I mentioned on a forum I am was not a fan of homeschooling. That is all I said. Since I did that I have been told I was offensive. I wasn't right with God, I am bitter, and hateful. I don't know my Bible and such. At no time was I demeaning, insulted, put down homeschooling. I simple said "I am not a fan of homeschooling, sorry homeschoolers, I am not. end of sentence no further discussion, Nada, Zip that is all. An apology was demanded because I was offensive when I said I am not a fan of homeschooling. however, when I say I am not a fan of baseball, that was perfectly acceptable by the same person. Well I refuse to apologize, I wasn't offensive by anyway. I just stated that I wasn't a fan, left it at that. I didn't go into detail, critisized or austercize the education behind homeschooling. I just said I wasn't a fan of it.

The more I see homeschoolers reaction to any slight possible argument against, the more I am prone to believe homeschooling is an occult. The idol is the children. The stronghold is the lack of faith of our Godly leaders and the dependence is on self. I'm not going to make a blanket statement about all homeschoolers are this way. That obvisouly isn't true. Sometimes there is a direct need of homeschooling, such as the mission field. But many times their isn't such as in the United States.

Anyway, I am not a fan of Baseball nor am I of homeschooling and I refuse to apologize for either

No comments: