Saturday, July 19, 2008

Total dependence

My nephew Mark is fighting for his life. He is in the ICU on a ventilator, numerous medications, bleeding from his mouth, on dialysis. He is totally depending on others to care for him, and he still will not live, he will die, we are not sure how soon, the little booger has some fight, but he has no immune sysytem needs a 3rd BMT, but will not get it because his Kidneys have shut down and would not survive it, so now he is fighting infection after infection with out an immune system. That is total dependence.
That is what our Father wants from us, total dependence.

The difference is our Father offers an eternal life, Hope, Salvation, all humans can offer is just a little more time.

Today I visited Mark, He was laying there eyes flickering at the sound of my voice. I squueezed his hand and told him he needed to depend on Christ and Christ alone, He is the only one that can help him now. His eyes were flickering even more, he squuezed my hand and tried to do a slight nod. I was not quite sure if he was aware of what I was saying, but happy with the response a got. At break time I visited him a again. He heard my voice and kept moving his fingers, his mom was holding his hand, he kept moving them and seemed a little agitated. He wanted me to hold his hand, he calmed down when I told him I was holding his hand, he nodded his head and even squeezed my fingers. I am not sure if he understood what I was saying, but I did get an overwhelming peace knowing he wanted me there and my hand and voice comforted him.

No comments: