Tuesday, July 15, 2008

If I perish

I have been reading the book "If I Perish" and to be truthful, I can't seem to finish it. It sickens me. A young girl intentionally seeking out to be a martyr for Christ. Not necessarily a victim of circumstamance, but intetionally seeking out to be a martyr, to the point she is fasting for 30 days and becoming weak and delirious doing it. This what I have taken out of the book. No Spiritual uplifting, or fervencey, but plain intentionally putting oneself in the line of fire.Are Christians so fantical about wanting to be a martyr that they will die in Christ's name, does that make us any different then the Musilm dying for allah?I am not saying we shouldn't stand for what we believe, I find the first deed of this young Korean heroic, she refused to bow down to the Japanse shrine. That was right, but to intetionally put yourself in the line of fire by praying to be a marytr and then starving yourself for 30 days to the point of being weak and delirious, isn't martyrdom, isn't fasting.I am just using this book as an illiustration of some far fecthed ideas of martyrdom, my main question is "Are Christians so fantical about wanting to be a martyr that they will die in Christ's name, does that make us any different then the Musilm dying for allah?"

No comments: