Thursday, January 3, 2008

They rose up and called her blessed

I have a real burden. The burden in my heart is girls are not taught to be ladies.
The idea is scorned at in today's society. The Proverb's 31 woman is considered a door mat.
A submissive, mindless, zombie. Girls are encouraged to be loud, strong,
and independent. Depending on her husband is considered a shame.
Girls fight for the attention of men by their provocative dress,
obnoxious behavior,lustful conversations. A meek and quiet spirit, is considered weak, and preposterous.

My burden isn't just for the continuation of a the Proverbs 31, lady. But the fact that is has so deescalated, that Christian wives, don't even know what it means. They try to be the Proverbs 31 wife, but they simply don't know how. They haven't been taught.

This is an excerpt from a journal I read.

" I would like to say I'd like to be a virtuous woman, but I am not sure how to do that. Virtue was never apart of my child rearing. I was taught how to drink, cuss, and fight, but never to have a meek and quiet spirit. I doubt I can even raise my daughters how to be a Proverbs 31 woman. What I can do is pray for grace and ask the Lord to help me to be as virtuous as I can, that isn't much. Maybe I can't be, maybe my girls can't be, but maybe my grand children can be."

There is a plethory of truth spoken here. Where does the problem lie? It obviously lies with our mothers. They ought to be our number 1 example. But what about the Christian woman, in the excerpt? She apparently did not have a mother of God to teach her how to be a virtuous woman? Who then is to blame? Well God gave us Titus 2 as an example. Our older women should teach the younger women. How is that being done? Is it being done? Does it happen in our churches? If so how is it? How is God working in the older women's lives so they can teach the younger women? Or are they simply neglecting their duty, not wanting to take the time to teach, get involved, butt in to someone else's life? If you are an older Christian wife and mother, when was the last time you gave guidance to a younger mother? Or does the problem simply lie with the young Christian women, are they so incorrigible, they can't be a Proverbs 31 wife and mother?

The truth is, the ball was dropped by many facets of womanhood. First the grandmother, then mother, the older Christian ladies that should be teaching, and finally the younger Christian women, that haven't taken the time to learn and listen. Now where does this leave the future? Where does it leave our daughters? My burden lies in the fact that true Proverbs 31 values, our Christian values will soon disappear. Unless, of course, as women, we take charge. We keep the idea alive and burning, hence the reason for my post.

No comments: