Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Peace>>>>>>devotions

Peace is this weeks fruit.

Memory verse Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law, and nothing shall offend them.

Peace is to be safe from harm, in spirit, mind, and body.
I don't think I like that definition now I think about it. I think it should be Peace is to be safe from harm in spirit, mind, or body. I say that because our emphasis has been on past martyrs. The peace they bestowed during persucution. In this instance, they were not safe from in body, but they were in mind and Spirit.
I am not sure, but I was explaining to the girls how them marytrs would not cry in agaony and pain, when boiled, burned, ripped apart, instead they sang joyously unto their death. Did God give these saints extra protection because they were not carnally minded to endure the pain? Is that the great peace that is talked about by loving God's Word?

No comments: