Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Joy>>>>>devotions

Joy is the next result we discussed.
Joy is defined to us as a Cheerful, calm delight rejoicing in a particular circumstance.

Memory verse Nehemiah 8:10b for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Our focus was that joy comes from the Lord. First we discussed how King David lost his joy through his selfcenteredness. How when he repented in Psalm 51 He asked that the Joy of his salvation be restored.

We found that God's joy is when one lost sinner turns in repentance. How we can achieve joy by focusing our attention on the spiritual needs of others. The irony, is this fit in well with the sermon on Sunday night. As I was praying at the altar wanting to have that one disciple, and keep them (which also was on my heart as a resolution this year) the Lord spoke to me in how I can bring this home to my daughter. Help show and teach her how to be concerned with others. I am not sure how often I will do this, but my goal is once a week to visit some of the teens on her bus route and show an encouragement to them about coming to church. Her bus captain agreed to this. He loved the idea, and I have another teen girl willing to go with us.
That is how I am trying to demostrte Joy.

No comments: