Friday, March 7, 2008

Devotions>>>> Job

I will be the first to admit, Job is a very hard book for me to read and understand. This time around, I really feel I am understanding the discourse taking place.

Job had a tragic thing happen to him, many. His so called godly friends come to him and try to get him to repent, admit he was wrong, he was wicked and he is full of sin. The problem arises because that is not the case. Job is a righteous man. He can't even repent, because he did no wrong to be judged.

I can sympathize with Job. Not that I am righteous. I am not, by any means. But I am trying. I am giving my life over to God. I am trying to surrender. Bad things still continue to happen, and instead of friends comforting me, they point their fingers and blame all the wicked sin in my life. I am told I don't pray enough or I am not having good solid devotions. I don't have and trust God. I am letting my family go what ever. All those accusations are false. I still can't seem to get ahead.

What I have came to realize in the last six months, is that people. My pastor, the staff, friends don't know my heart. They don't know my intent, my purpose. So they in reality can only speculate. My father knows my heart and my soul. I can't be responsible for anyone elses spirituality but my own. Yes, I do guide my children and pray for them. But in the end, they will have to determine if what they believe is fact or feeling. Something that Mrs. Brandenburg said really has stook out. That is that every person, ourselves and our daughters will have to come to the point in their life if the Bible is the Word or God, or not. I came to that point, but I can't make the decsion for my husband or daughters. They will have to do it themselves.

I still have no computer, but I will go to the library or blog from work. It will be infrequent, but it is what God wants.

No comments: